AEBT course terms and conditions
By completing and submitting the Course Application Form, you agree to the terms and conditions set out below.
1. Applications to attend workshops and courses run by Equipilates Limited must be made on the Course Application Form.
2. By completing and submitting the Course Application Form, you are committing to attend and pay the full fee in respect of the workshop or course detailed in the Course Application Form.
3. Subject to 8 below, your place on the workshop or course shall be reserved on the payment of a deposit or full fee in respect of that workshop or course (please see the price list for these amounts). Such deposit or full fee must be paid on submitting the completed Application Form. All deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable.
4. All payments made towards a place on a course, including full payments and instalment payments are non-refundable. As long as you inform us at least 30 days before the course dates if you need to cancel, we will transfer any money paid ABOVE the deposit to a later course. Should you wish to cancel your place on a workshop or course, to avoid the loss of any fees paid (over the deposit), a
letter of cancellation, together with a completed Course Application Form for an alternative workshop or course must be sent or delivered to Equipilates™ at The Stables, 56 Upper Marehay Road, Ripley, Derbyshire, DE5 8JG to be received at this address no later than 30 days before the start date of the original workshop or course. In such circumstances any fee paid (above the deposit) will be transferred to the alternative workshop or course. If it is less than 30 days before the course dates we will only be able to transfer your course fee (minus the deposit) to a later course if we can fill the place on the course on which you have originally booked. The deposit fee will be retained in all cases to cover administration costs.
5. The balance of the workshop or course fee (i.e. the total fee less the deposit paid) must be received by Equipilates™ no later than 30 days before the workshop or course start date. A failure to pay the total fee by this time may result in the loss of your place on the workshop or course.
6. Biomechanics Education Ltd owns the intellectual property known as Biomechanics Coach™, Biomechanics Trainer™ and iMoveFreely¨ and use of this property is prohibited anywhere in the world without written permission by Biomechanics Education Ltd. This property includes but is not limited to, all designs, characters, copyrights, trademarks, programmes, the research performed by
Martin Haines and colleagues, course notes, lectures, presentations, online presentations, content, protocols and forms (and variations thereof). This information shall not be used or passed on to others in any form without prior written consent of Biomechanics Education Ltd or Equipilates Limited. The Advanced Equipilates Biomechanics Trainer™ courses are not allowed to be reproduced in any form and delivered in any form without written permission from Biomechanics Education Ltd or Equipilates Limited.
7. In the event that Equipilates Limited finds it necessary to re-schedule or change in any way the course or workshop on which you are enrolled (including date, venue, content or price), you will be informed of this as soon as reasonably practicable. Equipilates Limited shall not be liable for any resulting loss in respect of any such change.
8. Equipilates Limited reserves the right to refuse any workshop or course application and shall not be required to inform the applicant of the reason for such refusal. In this event any deposit or full fees paid shall be refunded. In addition, Equipilates Limited reserves the right to exclude from any workshop or course any individual who fails to comply with Equipilates Limited standard practices and procedures, or any individual with disruptive behaviour. In such event, no refund of workshop or course fees (including the deposit) paid by the excluded individual shall be given.
9. Applications for all workshops and courses that require a pre-requisite qualification must be accompanied by proof that you have such qualification. In the event that no such proof is received Equipilates Limited, a place on the workshop or course shall not be reserved for you until such proof has been received.
10. Equipilates Limited encourages you, when qualified, to use the Equipilates™ branding and logos for your relevant courses and qualifications for the promotion of your business and our brand during the period of your registration, but for the avoidance of doubt, Equipilates Limited owns all intellectual property and trademarks relating to, but not limited to; all marketing materials, logos, paperwork, course workbooks, and exercise sheets provided to you on the course relating to equestrian application of the content. Biomechanics Education Ltd owns all intellectual property and trademarks relating to, but not limited to; all marketing materials, logos,
paperwork, course workbooks, screening and exercise sheets provided to you on the course relating to intrinsic biomechanics content.
11. The attendance of the Advanced Equipilates Biomechanics Trainer ™ course does not permit you to advertise as an Advanced Equipilates Biomechanics Trainer™ and you will only be able to promote yourself and your business using the Advanced Equipilates Biomechanics Trainer™ name, logo and associate promotional materials when you have passed the assessment and completed and submitted the required assessments case studies which have been assessed and accepted.
12. If you become aware of any person or teacher advertising any type of tuition as 'Equipilates' and they are not on the registered teachers' database, please inform the office.
13. In the case of an individual being referred on any case studies, the first re-sit will be free of charge. Any further re-sits will be charged at £50 per case study.
14. Submission deadlines for case studies will be set on your course, twelve weeks after your final module is completed. Applications for extensions must be received my email or post for consideration. Late submission without an agreed extension date will incur an administration fee for marking of £45.
15. Equipilates Limited reserves the right to use any testimonials or photographs and videos taken during the course for marketing purposes. If you do not wish for this to happen, please notify head office in writing in advance of the course.
16. Once qualified as an Advanced Equipilates Biomechanics Trainer, you will remain registered to teach and advertise your Equipilates™ tuition within your scope of practice for one year. During your period of registration you are able to use all of the Equipilates™ content, branding, logos and marketing materials. After this period, in order to remain listed on the website and use the Equipilates™ content, branding, logos and marketing materials you are required to attend a minimum of one one-day workshop per year in order to keep updated with the latest techniques for rider performance and relevant research. You are only permitted to use the Equipilates™ branding and advertise Equipilates™ if you are currently registered. Only trainers with current registrations are featured on the website. If you are based outside the UK you will be able to purchase video footage of the update days and supporting notes in order to maintain your registration.
17. The Equipilates™ brand is synonymous with providing quality, ethical and effective education for both rider and horse and if you are found to be contravening these principles you may be removed from the register at any time.
18. INSURANCE – In order to teach riders on horseback it is mandatory to have relevant insurance for the duration of the course and also post qualification. You must have insurance in place from the time you are a student with Equipilates Limited and moving forwards. Neither Biomechanics Education nor Equipilates Limited can be held responsible for any insurance or legal claims that may occur.